Connecting People to Services

Medication Prescribers

Psychotropic medications (those that help with thinking, mood and behavior) are only prescribed by an MD (a psychiatrist or your primary care doctor) or a nurse practitioner (NP). It is most often recommended that you receive counseling services in conjunction with medication in order to receive the best benefit possible.

Falmouth Human Services does not provide prescriptions for psychotropic medications.  However, if you are receiving counseling services with us, you and your clinician may determine that an assessment for medication may be helpful to you.  In these circumstances, your clinician will help you locate a prescribing doctor, psychiatrist or nurse practitioner and communicate regularly with them to ensure that the medications you are taking are effective for you.

Click here for list of local medication prescribers